Nabin Kumar Chhetri graduated with a degree of M.St in Creative Writing from Oxford University. Prior to that, he graduated with an M.Litt in The Novel from the University of Aberdeen. He is a member of Scottish Book Trust Live Literature Program and features as a poet in
His poetry collection was published from The Red Mountain press(US). The book was also awarded The 2015 Discovery Award from the US.
His poems have appeared in more than eighty national and international journal.
Reunion: Dallas Review(US), Mused Literary Review(US), Wilderness House Review(US), Gutter (UK), Ink Sweat and Tears (UK), Apple Valley Review (Canada), London Grip (UK), Toasted Cheese Literary Journal(US), New Writing(Scotland), The Istanbul Review, Wayfarers(UK), Reverie(US), The Lamp(Canada), Madder Than We Look – Write Minds Anthology(UK), Nosside(Italy), Fade(UK), Kyoto Journal(Japan), Ink Sweat and Tears( UK), Poetry Scotland ( UK), Voices Israel, Irish Literary review( Ireland), S.N Review (US), Forge Journal (UK), Wayfarers(UK), Shot Glass Journal(US), Ricepaper Magazine(Canada), Penny Dreadful(USA), The Sun(India), Nosside Poetry Anthology 2010(Italy), Quest(India), Spinny Babbler(Nepal), Mawaheb(Canada), Poetry Quarterly(China), Fade Poetry Journal(UK), Cynic magazine(US), Tower Journal(US), Poetic Justice – Amnesty International Anthology (Scotland), Featured Poet of the week in Poetry Super Highway(US), Taj Mahal Review (India), Revival(Ireland), Reverie Poetry Journal(US), Sixers Review(US), The Essence(UK), The Kathmandu Post(Nepal), Red Ochre Lit Journal (US), Nosside Poetry Anthology 2011(Italy), Birds Eye Review(US), The Dupage Valley Review, Benedictine University’s Press (US) and Verse Wisconsin (US), Fade Annual anthology (UK), The American Asthetic(US), Himal Magazine(Indi), Canon’s Mouth Poetry Journal (UK), The Himal Magazine(Nepal) and Modern English Poetry by Sahitya Akademi( India).
He currently lives in Aberdeen.
- Shortlisted in the Writers & Artists Working Class Writer’s Prize 2019
- Won 2nd Prize in the Vancouver Tagore Poetry Competition-2018
- Grant received from Francis Reckitt Trust – 2018
- Selected for Faber Residency, Olot, Spain – 2019
- Award received from Author’s Contingency Fund – 2018
- Selected for the Hospitalfield Residency – 2019
- Received Aberdeen City Council Creative Funding 2017/18
- Received Aberdeen City Council Creative Funding 2016/17
- Name included in the Scottish Book Trust’s Live Literature Database
- Poem selected for the Edinburgh Poetry Festival – 2017
- Poem longlisted in the University of Canberra Vice Chancellor Poetry Prize
- Peter’s Foundation Award – 2014( University of Oxford)
- Shortlisted for the Oxonian Review poetry prize 2015 – Oxford
- Achieved distinction for the Poetry Portfolio(University of Oxford)
- Discovery Award from The Red Mountain Press 2016(US)
- Shortlisted for the Charles Pick Fellowship for Prose( University of East Anglia)
- Won the Madder Than We Look – Write Minds competition( UK) – 2015
- Chapbook deal from Rufus Books Canada. http://www.rufusbookspublishing.co.uk/
- A Pamphlet Submission long listed in Flarestack poets (UK). http://www.flarestackpoets.co.uk/
- Represented the University of Oxford in the Aldeburgh Poetry Festival 2014
- Nosside International Poetry Award, Italy(2014)
- Nosside UNESCO Heritage Award( Italy 2011)
HONOURS AND AWARDS
St. Peter’s Foundation Award – 2014
Discovery Award 2016
Longlisted for the Vice Chancellor Poetry Prize 2017
Madder Than We Look – Write Minds Poetry Competition
Nosside International Poetry Prize – 2011
Nosside International Poetry Prize – 2010
Bharatpur Municipality, Nepal
Awarded a runner-up award in the “W & A Working Class Writers’ Prize – 2020
Awarded a second place in the VTS Poetry Contest – 2018
Awarded the St. Peter’s Foundation Award from Oxford University – 2014
Honoured by The Red Mountain Press, Santa Fe, US for the new collection ‘Bini-Memories of a Forgotten Country’
University of Canberra, Australia
Honoured by the Write Minds, Madder Than We Look Competition. (UK)
Awarded mention from the Nosside International Poetry Prize ( Italy) with Euro 600 and Plaque for the poem ‘Memory’
Awarded honorary mention from the Nosside International Poetry Prize ( Italy) for the poem ‘ My Father’s House ’
Honoured by the Bharatpur Municipality on the 24th of February 1999 for the promotion of literary works.
|Edizioni universm, Italy||Awarded the Diploma “Gran Premio d’autore ” from Edizioni Universum, Italy on the 23rd of February 2001.|
|Miriam Felicia Lindberg Memorial Foundation, Israel||
Awarded and honored by 1998 Miriam Lindberg Israel Poetry for Peace Prize on the 26th of August 1998.
I am a chairman of a registered Scottish Charity named Nepalese Himalayan Association Scotland. During my tenure, I have managed the following charitable projects:
PROJECTS EXECUTED AS A CHAIRMAN/ PROJECT COORDINATOR (2016-TILL DATE):
- Awards for all “Language and Literature Class” – 2018- Till date
- Aberdeen City Council Creative Funding – (For Poetry) – 2016/17
- Aberdeen City Council Creative Funding – (For Poetry) – 2017/18
- Creativity and language (Heritage Lottery Fund) – 2016-17
- Heritage Lottery fund for “Language and Literature Class” – 2017
- Bemis Fund for the Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology – 2017
- Bemis Fund for St. Andrew’s Day Celebration – 2018
- Bemis Fund for St. Andrew’s Day Celebration – 2019
- Bemis Fund for the Burns Day Celebration – 2020
- Lord Provost’s Charitable Trust fund for “ Covid-19 Emergency Relief 2020”
OTHER CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES:
- Running: I have raised more than £3000 for charity by running the Edinburgh Marathon in 2011. I have also participated in the Inverness and Dundee half marathon.
- I have been running a Poetry Open Mic series in Aberdeen for three years.